* The opposition is looking to attack the BJP on various issues, including the recent face-off between Mamata Banerjee and the CBI, Rafale and other issues at the rally at Jantar Mantar.
* AAP leader Gopal Rai said, “India is currently passing through a decisive phase. The Modi-Shah duo is bent upon destroying the Constitution and democracy, which our country succeeded in achieving due to the sacrifices of millions of freedom fighters.”
* TMC chief Mamata Banerjee had hinted about the rally when she called off her protest against the “misuse of power” by the Centre on February 5 and had said that she would take the fight to Delhi.
* The Andhra Pradesh CM, who staged a protest against the Modi government for not giving special category status to his state, on Tuesday said there may be a grand alliance at the national level even before the Lok Sabha elections between parties like the Congress, TMC, AAP and TDP. He also said that other secular parties would join the alliance after the elections because of some state-level differences at present.
* Several leaders from opposition parties, including Arvind Kejriwal, former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh, Congress president Rahul Gandhi, NC chief Farroq Abdullah and Loktantrik Janata Dal chief Sharad Yadav visited Naidu at the dharna site in Delhi’s Andhra Pradesh Bhavan.
* AAP said an invite has been sent to Congress chief Rahul Gandhi, but he is unlikely to attend the rally. However, some senior leader from the party is expected to join the opposition.
* There were talks of an alliance between the AAP and the Congress for the Lok Sabha polls, but the local leadership of the grand old party is believed to have been against it. The AAP and the Congress have been bitter rivals in Delhi and Punjab.
* Rebel BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha is also expected to attend the rally.
(With agency inputs)